The Bridge Clinic of Rockford
The Bridge Clinic's Mission
- Aims to ensure that our neighbours and friends have access to basic medical care.
- Since Jan 2008, we have served as a safety net for the uninsured and financially challenged in the area.
Who qualifies for Care?
- The Clinic provides basic primary health care to adults over 18 years of age who have needs with no insurance and/or limited resources.
- We cannot care for those who have complicated health care issues, are pregnant or have psychiatric / mental health issues.
- We do not prescribe any controlled medications (narcotic pain medications, sedatives, etc...).
- The Bridge Clinic does not duplicate the services of other agencies.
- Please contact us directly to verify the types of medical treatment we can offer you if you have any questions.
What Costs Are Involved?
- There is absolutely no fee to be seen. The visit is free!!! We do not, at this time, require proof of income and choose to take patients at their word.
- We may require blood tests which are necessary for continued care. They are free, though we do ask for a small donation to cover the cost of $5 to $2.50 per test if you are able. These are performed off site, results will be available at your next follow up visit.
- Medications are prescribed when possible using the $4 lists. Occasionally we may have very limited samples. We also have access to pharmaceutical companies' prescription assistance programs and are happy to work together with you to apply for free or low cost medications. This service is available to any patient without prescription coverage, regardless of your medical insurance.
What Do We Expect of Our Patients?
- Take your medications exactly as prescribed and follow the clinics medical staffs advice!
- To put in as much, if not more effort than our volunteers!
- Exercise, eat a well-balanced diet and work effectively towards stopping smoking.
You are responsible for your own health and care,
but we are here to guide and help...
If it is important to you, you will find a way, if not,
you will find an excuse!